Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BY THEIR COVERS!





Bury me in books.

Here's a hodgepodge of beautiful book covers; selected solely for their visual merit. There's certainly no real pattern here, the years and genres jump all over the place; SF, Adult, Horror - it doesn't matter as long as it looks great. Some of the covers are by famous artists (note the Virgil Finlay art), and some are by complete unknowns. I've wanted to post some of these for quite a while, click to enlarge.




Beaumont, whom you know as the third writer for the original 'Twilight Zone" (along with Richard Matheson and Rod Serling, natch), did several books of varied types.














5 comments:

  1. those were the days...when a PhD could publish a book with boobs on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I have lots of new iPhone wallpapers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mike, have you seen the beat books catalog? lots of scans of rad old books, more in the vein of the lsd book you posted. some good stuff for your eyes:
    http://www.beatbooks.com/cgi-bin/beatbooks/index.html?id=z8W4hfrg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh - S. Sonia, you should see some of the writing in that book. PhD might actually stand for "Pretty Huge Doofus" in this instance. And do I know you? If not, welcome to FSR!

    Lew, I'll definitely check that out, didn't know it.

    Eliezer!!! Glad you're checking these out, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...or "pound head down"!

    Mike, man, you know me! I'll remind you next time I see you. But thanks for the welcome anyway!

    ReplyDelete